Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Witches Brew

Swiped this photo off of the internet because I didn't take one and I like photos with each post:)

The beauty of living in Minnesota is our change of seasons. Start out in the morning, needing heat in your car, switch to AC for the ride home and back to heat again in the evening. Add the start of school, fall sports and all the running around we do and I am getting a fall cold.

I have been fighting the good fight with Zicam, Zinc, Vitamin C and threw in a few allergy pills in case that's what is going on and still I felt like crap.

So, I dug out a recipe I got from a friend's Mom. Loads of Vitamin C, tastes decent and "I" think makes me feel better.

You can add a shot of your favorite liquor and call it a Hot Toddy as my Grandma used to do.

Or a tea bag to cut the sweetness, like I like to do.

Or just drink it straight. It's good for what ails you that much I promise.

3/4 C Sugar
1/2 C Lemon Juice
7 C Water
1 Orange sliced

Simmer until hot, don't boil. Serve with a squirt of honey. Stores fine in the refrigerator and reheats great in the microwave.

No comments: