Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Baked Ribs

Finally, the infamous ribs that made my children eat cereal for a week for dinner because they wouldn't eat them. Both said they tasted good, they just weren't in the "mood" for ribs. I thought of making them on day 8 after their week of cold cereal to see if they were in the "mood" yet but I decided not to go there.

The good news is, I like them and so do the people at work that I feed my leftovers to.

What you'll need
Package of ribs ~ sorry folks, I have no idea how many pounds this was, I want to say 3?!
Spike Seasoning
Accent
Season Salt
Black Pepper
8 Garlic Cloves minced
wanna get crazy, add a few minced jalapenos to the garlic, seeds removed.

Spray a cake pan with cooking spray and then line with aluminum foil. Enough foil to fold up and over these ribs. We're trying to make an airtight seal but if we don't accomplish that, it's all good. Just do your best.

Take your ribs out of the packaging. Meaty side down, sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of each season and rub 1/2 of the garlic mix on...use rubber gloves if you are working with jalapenos.

Flip them over and repeat the process. Wrap tightly with foil and put back in the fridge for at least 24 hours. Turn oven to 250 and put the ribs in. Cook for 4 hours at this low heat. Take the ribs out and put them on a cookie sheet, brush with your favorite BBQ sauce and throw under the broiler for a couple of minutes and serve.

Here are your ribs ready to start

Put them on your foil and start the seasoning...don't forget to spray your pan or use a throw away one

Fold in the sides

Seal them up as tight as you can and put in the fridge for at least 24 hours Bake them at 250 for 4 hours or until they are so tender they are almost falling off the bone.

You can be done now if you want or

Brush with your favorite BBQ sauce, put under the broiler for a few minutes and serve. Notice I left a chunk plain for my son...who ate bread;)

No comments: