Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pancakes

I was excited to make the sour cream pancakes for breakfast when Claire said, "Mom, could you not make those "new" pancakes and make the old ones".

Never really loving pancakes, I always tweak my recipe a bit and this time I added more sugar and vanilla and I let the batter sit for a bit to rest and rise. And, we all loved the end result. Hope you do too.


1 1/2 C Milk
3 T Butter
1 Egg
3 t Vanilla

1 1/2 C Flour
1/4 C Sugar
4 t Baking Powder
1 t Salt

Melt butter with milk in microwave for about 1 minute until butter is melted. Add Vanilla and Egg. Whisk to combine.

Add dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Heat your griddle to 325 or on the stove a med-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4 C onto griddle. Cook a minute or two until batter starts to bubble. Flip and cook another minute. Serve with butter and syrup.

People flip too soon. See the bubbles that are starting to pop? That's how you know it's time to flip.

I also make bite size ones for the kids. Started doing it when they were little so I wouldn't have to cut them and now Claire requests them this way.

Nice and golden brown, just flip and let the other side cook.

Breakfast is served

No comments: