Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Key

There are times that I can't be home when my kids get off of the bus. It doesn't happen very often but it happens. I tried giving keys out but the kid who needed to have it, wasn't the kid who was locked out.

Being that I'm a Realtor, I came up with a logical solution and I now have one of these on my porch.

You don't have to hang it on your door knob if you don't want to. You can hang it anywhere you want or you can simply have it sitting next to the door like I do (I have an enclosed front porch). You decide what the code will be and can make it something easy your kids will remember. The bonus is that you don't have to push the numbers in order, just push the code in.

I also like it when I go for a walk or out for the evening when I'm not driving, I don't have to carry my keys.

These little beauties cost about $25 and you can get them at Menards or Home Depot. They are completely secure as long as your code doesn't get shared and if it does, easy enough to change.