Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

Pico de Gallo

If you live in Minnesota, everyone you know is offering free tomatoes at this time of the year because they over planted because they weren't sure if all the plants would survive our weather. Or at least I assume that's why everyone has so many tomatoes??

Never one to turn them down, I make one of my favorite things to eat..Pico de Gallo. Yummy, fresh and oh so pretty.

5 Roma tomatoes diced
1 small Onion chopped pretty fine
2 cloves Garlic minced
4-5 Jalapenos cleaned of seeds and minced
HUGE handful of Cilantro finely chopped
Juice of one lime
about a teaspoon of sea salt

Toss it all together. Chill for a bit and serve.

Here are your yummy fresh tomatoes

Give those babies a nice chop

An onion about this big

Big handful of Cilantro
Jalapenos seeded and minced. I make sure there are NO seeds in my Pico de Gallo because I don't want to inhale one accidentally and look like a fool coughing and having tears running down my face;) Add your minced up garlic and lime juice. Salt to taste but don't get crazy, remember the chips have salt too.
Isn't it pretty. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

YUM! I wish I could bring some chips over to eat that right now. lol

K :) said...

Looks delish!!!