Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sticky Chicken

I have read about sticky chicken all over crockpot sites for years. I printed the recipe and didn't think about it again until I recently was cleaning up those piles of recipes.

I had everything I needed so I gave it a go and it was YUMMY. Moist, flavorful and my favorite...took 10 hours to cook so it was an easy weeknight dinner plan.

Here's what you'll need:

4 t Salt
2 t Paprika
1 t Cayenne
1 t Onion Powder
1 t Thyme
1 t White Pepper
1/2 t Garlic Powder
1/2 t Black Pepper
1 Whole Chicken
1 medium Onion chopped

In a small bowl, combine the spices. If you bought a chicken with giblets and/or neck..remove those. Wash the chicken well, taking extra care with the cavity. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, inside and out. Try to make sure it's evenly distributed and that you rubbed it in well.

Place in a ziploc and refrigerate overnight. When ready to cook, dump onion into cavity of chicken and put in the crockpot. You don't need any liquid because the chicken will make it's own juice. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, I cooked 10 because that's how my day worked out, it was falling off the bone. Slice it up and you can spoon some of the pan juices on top if you desire. I threw the onions out.

Here's your spice mix.

Just a whole chicken, wash it, pat it dry and rub the seasoning in
Give that chicken a good rub and put in a ziploc bag and into the fridge
Doesn't this look yummy!
I cut it up, poured a bit of pan juices on top and put in the oven on warm while I made the sides. Forgot to take a "pretty" photo, sorry.

2 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

It sounds delicious! Why is it called Sticky Chicken?

Christol said...

I have no idea why they call it that. The name actually scared me a bit...but it's not sticky at all.