Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

Easy Pasta

I saw a recipe similar to this on some cooking/dating show YEARS ago. I made a pan seared chicken to go with it and really liked how light it was. Tonight I made it as a side to Sticky Chicken.

You can add chicken and make it a main dish or add more vegetables to make it a bit more substantial but as prepared, it was an excellent side and I only had a small serving for left overs.

What you'll need:

Box of your favorite cooked Pasta ~ I dropped 4 chicken bouillon cubes and 2 t salt to season the water
1/2 small Onion minced
4 cloves Garlic minced
1-2 T Olive Oil
1 1/2 C Chicken Broth
1 t Thyme ~ I would have preferred to use fresh but it wasn't available
1/2 bag chopped Baby Spinach
1/2-1 C Cheese ~ I used a mix of Mozzerella and Asiago because that's what I had on hand
Pepper to taste

Saute onions and garlic in a little Olive Oil. Add 1 1/2 C chicken (vegetable if you want to go vegetarian) stock and 1 t Thyme and simmer for about 5 minutes until reduced by half.

Add chopped spinach, if you chop small when it wilts, your children won't even know it's in there..trust me, I tested this theory;)
Saute the spinach just a bit and add pasta
Sprinkle with cheese, give it a toss and serve