Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Chicken Taquitos

Back to the real world after a fabulous vacation and my "real" world needed a bit of vacation. I decided to recreate my favorite dinner..chicken taquitos. The fact that it took all of 20 minutes to have dinner on the table...BONUS! The kids both loving them...double BONUS!!

What you'll need:

Salsa Chicken
Cheese ~ I used a Mexican Blend
Small Flour Tortillas ~ my bag came with 20 of them
Cooking Spray ~ I use Butter Flavored

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Wet and ring out two paper towels. Wrap 6 tortillas inside and microwave for 30 seconds. You want to soften up the tortillas for easier rolling.

Put about 1/4 C of chicken in the middle of the tortilla, top with about a tablespoon of cheese. You could leave the cheese out but I was trying to sell the kids and let's face it, cheese sells it.

Roll the tortilla up and put on a sprayed cookie sheet, seam side down and leave a little room in between each one. Continue until you have a cookie sheet full.

Spray the tortillas with a bit of cooking spray and put in the oven for 10 minutes. Take out and flip to seam side up and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
Put your chicken and cheese on tortilla and roll up
Spray with cooking spray
Dinner is served
Claire brought left overs for lunch and asked when I'd be making them again!

2 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

This is just how I made my taquitos but I fried them. Next time, I will do this. It's healthier.

Marie said...

I will have to try these!