Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Nutella Fudge

My Mom makes really good fudge so I've never actually made it myself. I was browsing around at other blogs and a fudge recipe jumped out at me. It contained Nutella. I've had a weird curiosity about Nutella, wondering how it tasted but never purchasing it.

Anyway, I found the recipe here. I didn't really detect a Nutella flavor but I guess I'm not sure what I was looking for being that I had never eaten it.

I thought it had a few things going for it. It was easy to make, rich and creamy texture and the sweet and salty, well that was a bonus.

Here's what you'll need:

14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 t Vanilla
8 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (I used a little over 3/4 of a bag)
1 C Nutella
3 T Butter, room temp
1/2-1 t Sea Salt

Spray an 8x8 pan. Combine all ingredients except Sea Salt in a double boiler. Ok, here's my confession. I did NOT use a double boiler, I melted my chips in a glass bowl and added the rest of the ingredients. Problem was, the Nutella is a bit thick which made the fudge a little thick. The fudge turned out fine, but I think the double boiler would have been easier in the long run even though I detest using them. Choice is yours but I'd go double boiler next time.

Spread fudge in prepared pan and sprinkle with Sea Salt. Chill at least 2 hours, I did half hour fridge, 1 hour freezer.

Get a cup of hot water, dunk your knife in water and cut fudge. It's not necessary but it makes it easier. It was pretty rich, so cut your pieces small and share with your friends.

Mix milk, butter and Nutella with the melted chips
See it doesn't look very smooth, not sure if it would have looked better with a double boiler but I'm guessing that it would. I pushed it into the pan and it worked out fine.
Sprinkle with Sea Salt and Chill


YUM

No comments: