Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Majahua Palms

Once upon a time there was this very tired hockey Mom. Carting two kids around 7 days a week, shoveling all the MN snow (and we've had a LOT this winter) and making sure they are properly fed. Actually the word tired is an understatement, this Mom was BURNED out.

Enter my fairy god sister named Kristen.
She waved her magic wand and surprised me with a trip to Majahua Palms. It's just a short ride from the Ixtapa/Zihuntanejo airport. It was the ultimate relaxation destination.

They had stuff you could do; kayaking, mountain hikes, horseback riding, surf lessons, etc. I chose not to do any of it. I parked my butt on a lounge chair. I read, I napped, I ate lots of guacamole. I walked the beach collecting shells, I watched the waves crash and I drank margaritas.

Majahua Palms is like no place I've ever been in Mexico. It takes the term "chill" to a whole new level. The owners, Mike and Lori are warm and make you feel like family. The staff are always smiling and extremely competent. The accomodations have exactly what you need and they throw in a few of the things you don't too:)

If you're looking for a beautiful vacation destination, this IS your place. I know my kids are going to love it when I bring them back. !
Krit, I canNOT thank you enough for the wonderful gift. I had a fabulous time hanging with you and I'm very lucky to have you in my life!

No comments: