Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Magic Eye

I was watching these little kids being kind of naughty, their Mom sitting with her back to them, oblivious to it all. Claire said, "their Mom must not have a magic eye" and she smiled at me.

That one sentence brought me back to when my kids were little and my magic eye was always on alert. When my kids would be doing something they shouldn't and I told them to stop, they would ask, "how did you know" and I would tell them my magic eye was watching.

They asked how it worked and I said that it was on the back of my head and when my children were doing something naughty, the eye would pop open so I could see.

The magic eye stopped quite a few little things from becoming big things. But, my favorite memory of the "magic eye" was actually when I was laying on the couch and the eye was sleeping. Max was 5 and Claire was 3 and they climbed up behind me and started playing with my hair, whispering to each other.

I asked what they were doing and they said, "looking for the magic eye"

"OHHH that only comes out when you're naughty", I said.

Without missing a beat, Max excitedly said, "so, if I pulled your hair it would come out"?

"No..that would just get you sent to your room because I would feel that before I needed to see it".

They both let out a defeated puff of air and ran off to play:)

1 comment:

~mj~ said...

LOVE this story! So cute!!! It should be in readers digest!!