Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Travel Tip

When I stepped on the plane I noticed something NOT good. A toddler without a seat. His parents had decided to hold their child who I'm guessing was about 18 months for the four and half hour flight. The kid lost it less than half way through and the plane heard it for quite sometime. I felt so bad for all of them.

I understand the problem. Air fare is NOT cheap. But you have to ask yourself if your sanity is worth the price of flying.

See, I've been there, done that with Max. Only Max, only once. I figured he'd take a nap on Mommy. Play with his toys and there were 4 adults. I figured, he'd have enough to keep him busy on our 2 hour flight. I was WRONG. He was curious, he was bored, he didn't understand why he had to sit on someone's lap for 2 hours. After that trip, I vowed never again.

Fast forward to our next trip. He had his own seat, he had his car seat. He had his comfort zone and he knew that he had to stay buckled in. No muss, no fuss. Take it from someone whose been there...buy a ticket for your kid and bring the car seat.

No comments: