Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Julie

I met my best friend Julie in 7th grade. She was the cool girl with the perfectly curled hair that I SO envied. We met in math class and started hanging out and pretty much were inseparable after that. We were opposites but still very much alike, we complimented each other well and kept each other in check.

She had danced since she was a little girl and encouraged me to try out for the danceline with her. She helped my sorry butt learn the moves and worked so hard to teach me how to tap dance, she gave me a life long gift...not the dancing (although I had a BLAST), the other two best friends we met because of danceline. We were the Awesome Foursome in High School, lol.

She moved away after college but our friendship has with stood the miles. She was the Maid of Honor at my wedding and flew in immediately when my Dad died, holding my hand and simply being a calming presence. That's Jules, my "calming presence", she keeps it real, she keeps me real.

Today is her birthday and I just wanted to send a shout out across the miles (since as usual her gift will be late;)...Happy Birthday Jules!! Hope your day is simply amazing, just like you!!

No comments: