Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Something Special

Max and I can be like oil and water. He has always known how to push my LAST button and jumped on that button more than once when he shouldn't have. But Max is also my gentle soul. You'd never guess by looking at him what a sensitive kid he is.

Tonight was like a lot of nights during hockey season. We picked my Mom up, his Nana and we went to his hockey game. I dropped him off at a friend's after the game and he told Nana and I that he loved us like he always does but as he was shutting his door, he said, "Nana, open your window". He walked around the car and leaned in and kissed her good night and told her again he loved her. He didn't care that his friend was standing there watching the exchange, because that's who he is and I'm proud to have him for my son.

2 comments:

~mj~ said...

Beautiful! I love it! LOVE that boy!!!!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

What a sweetheart! I hope that my son is like that when he's a teen.