Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Keeping a Note

I have a memory like a steel trap. I forget NOTHING, it's a curse sometimes. I get teased about remembering what someone was wearing on a day 10 years ago. It has to be a significant date, but if it has some type of event tied to it, I can typically recall just about anything.

I have never had to write a list. I knew my children's schedules as well as my own without having to look at the calendar. Never forgot a birthday or a phone number. My excuse is that I started depending on the calendar in my phone too much. Started using speed dial and let all that information go. My brain wasn't being exercised enough.

At any rate, the girl who never needed a list, needs a list. Problem is, when I would write something down, I would leave the stupid thing on the counter. I still don't make a "full" list but when I "know" I need something...ENTER...my cell phone. My cell phone is ALWAYS with me.

Under "TOOLS" I found the handy dandy Notepad. I now have a note for the Grocery Store, one for Target, one for Sam's Club, one for wines I want to remember and one for books I want to read. If I'm sitting at a hockey practice and it pops into my head that I used the last of the bleach, yeah I realize that sounds strange but it is what it is.

Anywho..I pull out my phone, pull up my notepad and type in Bleach. When I get to the store, I look at my notes and I'm good. AND, my FAVORITE thing...should the store be out of something (if you shop at "my" Target, that happens often), I can leave it in my notes and delete the stuff I did find. LOVE IT!

1 comment:

K :) said...

Sounds like a cool idea. I am such a pen and paper gal that I love having that physical list on hand. Oh, and I love crossing out what I have done!!! :)