Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cranberry Bread

I work in a school and little gifts end up in my mailbox every Christmas. I usually give something silly in return. Christmas socks or a Pez but this year I decided to give everyone I like a mini loaf of Cranberry Bread.

The cranberry sauce were left over from Thanksgiving. I had thrown them in the freezer after dinner and was waiting to make bread but if you don't have homemade, you can use a can of whole cranberry sauce, not the jelly roll stuff.

I decided to add the White Chocolate chips at the last minute because in my opinion, everyTHING tastes better with chocolate BUT in little loaf pans..chocolate chips sink to the bottom and cause sticking so don't do it folks,not in a small loaf pan...no one got a loaf of bread but I might be bringing you a recipe for Cranberry White Chocolate Bread pudding if I get adventurous;)

1 Stick of Butter softened
1 C Sugar
2 Eggs
2 t Vanilla
1 C Whole Cranberry Sauce
1 1/2 C Flour
1 t Baking Soda
1 t Salt
1/2 C Sour Cream (I use light)

Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes for a full size loaf, about 20 for mini loafs or about 15 for muffins. The bread should be golden brown. If you are unsure, you can insert a skewer or knife in the middle and it comes out clean, your bread is done.
Here is the butter, eggs, vanilla and sugar mixed together. Add you cranberries next (I decided to make a double batch so I had to change bowls). After you add the flour, salt, baking soda and sour cream this is what it looks like.

Spray whatever pan you are using well with cooking spray.

Sorry no photo of the finished product because quite frankly I was CRUSTY when I had sticking loaves of bread BUT I promise if you keep the chocolate chips out..this bread works great and tastes even better.

No comments: