Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

My sister heard some women talking about these "amazing" cookies when she was getting her haircut. She didn't ask for the recipe but told me that they had bananas, oatmeal and chocolate chips. I searched the internet and found a recipe. I tweaked it a bit and came up with these. I wouldn't call them "amazing" but they are pretty good and kind of addicting. They are SUPER moist, so I think they are more muffin like but we've established that I like crisper cookies;)

I forgot to take photos of making of the dough but you don't need them. It's a pretty simple recipe to follow and the batter looks similar to the other oatmeal cookies I've made.

3/4 C Butter
1 Egg
1 t Vanilla
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 C Brown Sugar
3 RIPE Bananas

1 1/2 C Flour
1 t Baking Soda
1 t Salt
1/2 t Nutmeg
1 t Cinnamon
2 C Oatmeal
6 oz Chocolate Chips~I used milk chocolate

Mix together ingredients through bananas and then add the dry ingredients. Mix well and drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Put on waxed paper to cool.

No comments: