Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cheese Bundles

I'm always looking for a fun side to serve with something my kids are not going to be crazy about. Kind of an incentive for eating what is not their favorite...in this case a baked pasta dish that had fresh chopped spinach infused.

They love these things called Mac Sticks at school, bread wrapped around cheese. It's the only school lunch either of them will eat. I had been hearing whines that Mac Sticks had not been served in awhile so I attempted a version of them without ever having tasted a Mac Stick myself and I am apparently the coolest Mom ever.

"These taste just like Mac Sticks, only better". I'm guessing real cheese probably helped;)

So what you'll need is:

1 Can of Refrigerator Biscuits cut in half
20 cubes of Mozzerella cheese
2 T Butter softened
2 t Italian Seasoning
Pizza Sauce for dipping

Wrap 1/2 a biscuit around a cube of cheese, roll until the cheese is completely enclosed. Put into a sprayed baking dish. When all the balls are rolled, put a dab of butter on each and sprinkle with Italian Seasoning. Bake at 450 (or whatever the temp on your biscuits say) for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with Pizza Sauce. They would also make a great appetizer for a party.

Cube your cheese. You only need 20 cubes and cheese sticks probably would have worked well for this, but I used a brick
Cut the biscuits in half, the one on the right is waiting for the cheese, the one on the left has the cheese rolled inside. I decided to roll it more into a ball after I took the photo
Balls of bisquits almost ready for the oven
Dot with butter, sprinkle with Italian Seasoning and bake at 450 for about 10 minutes
Serve with your favorite pizza sauce~I used RaguThey called them cheese balls, I thought Cheese Bundles sounded more appetizing.

2 comments:

~mj~ said...

Oooh!! I am SO trying these!! YUM!!! AND I think my kids will like them too! ;)

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

My mom bought some of these in the frozen food section. I told her I could have made them very easily and they would have tasted better too. :) I had the idea of taking a refrigerator pizza crust and spreading it in a pan and then sprinkling with seasoning and shredded mozzarella and then layering another pizza crust on top. Then cutting it into bite size pieces when it was baked.