Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Muffin Top

Muffin Tops...I'm not talking about the yummy bread product. I am talking about what has been hanging over the top of my jeans because I like those bread products. What is making me uncomfortable in my own skin and really uncomfortable in my jeans. I decided to kick off get healthy before the New Year. Figured if I could even just maintain and not gain during the holidays it would be a success.

I'm going back to what I learned in Weight Watchers. I did WW in 2002 and lost 30 lbs. I've managed to keep 20 of those off until recently. I can admit that I got lazy. I stopped working out, I stopped watching what I was putting in my mouth. And, I'll blame age on it a bit too;) Enough crept back on that I'm not a happy girl.

I am counting my points and will include them in the recipes that I know. I'm also going to share what is getting me through those cravings and extra hungry days right now. Orville's 94% Fat Free Popcorn..One point per bag
Hostess mini cakes. Only 3 points because they are 100 calories with 5 grams of fiber! Yes, they are tiny but they serve the purpose when you want something sweet.
I'm not a diet soda fan but Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry is tasty. You can only get it around the holidays, so give it a try. If you want to add some Bacardi Limon for a tasty cocktail, I won't tell anyone but it adds about 3 points.

Images grabbed from various internet sites.

2 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Waahhh! I can't find my cranberry Sierra Mist anywhere! Smart Pop was my best friend when I was on WW. There's also a kettle corn that's really good.

Christol said...

How strange that you can't find it?! Want me to ship you some;)