Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Hockey Bag

Gag! There is a reason why hockey is a winter sport. It's because the stench gets frozen into the bag. It's because the hat on their head, contains some of the smell. I really HATE summer hockey because of the smell but typically by now, the air is cold enough to help with the smell. But, we've had a really nice fall, weather has been in the upper 60s. Driving home from practice with open windows to let the smell out has been lovely.

The other night my son forgot to take his bag out of the car after a late practice. He did however, unzip his bag to grab something and forgot to zip it back up. The next morning my car was fine or maybe it was my exhaustion that caused my nose not to work. When I came out of work into the beautiful sunshine and opened my car door, the smell about knocked me on my butt. O-M-G, the smell.

I ran to my local hardware store, I know which stores carry the BEST odor absorber. This one is by FAR the best stuff I have found, they have spray too. As you know, I sell Real Estate and it can neutralize a funky house. It can get the smells out of your car fast. I have put one of these in Max's bag after I had punched some holes in the top and all was working until water got dumped in the bag..we had a bit of a mess. Now I only put it in his bag when we're at hockey tournaments because I try to keep my room from smelling like a locker room.

At any rate, even if you just have some funky smells (I used one when I varnished my floors or when I had a salmon recipe go wrong) you want OUT of your house or car or garage. This Air Sponge is FABULOUS. You can order on line if you can't find a retailer but be careful, there is a knock off with similar packaging withOUT similar results.

No comments: