Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Grilled Turkey Sandwich

I was in the mood for a grown up sandwich and this absolutely hit the spot.

What you'll need:

Good bread, sandwich sliced..I used Vienna
Havarti cheese slice thin
Spinach leaves
Turkey breast
Avocado sliced thin
Butter

Butter your bread. Yes, you heard me, butter your bread. I typically use Spray Butter for grilled cheese but this sandwich is a grown up, yummy sandwich and in my opinion requires butter to soak into the bread as it cooks.

On the non buttered side, put some thinly sliced Havarti. I actually used Garlic Havarti...YUM!?!

Next comes Turkey,
Thinly sliced Avocado,
Spinach leaves,
another layer of Havarti

Now grill this like you would a grilled cheese over medium heat. It melts and all the flavors blend together. I would have added some grilled onions but I was too hungry to mess around. I wanted to get this party started and it was EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Slice your avocado in half and thinly slice within the skin. This avocado is perfectly ripe, if yours in not, you might have to work a bit and peel it first

See the butter...Butter your bread

Layer of Havarti and turkey next

Avocado next, you don't want this on top of the bread or it could get squishy

Spinach and another layer of cheese and grill on a medium heat pan

YUMMY

2 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

That looks delish! I'll have to try that.

~mj~ said...

OH MY WORD...yummo!!