Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Thai Chicken

I thought I grabbed a package of chicken breast but I grabbed thighs instead. I can honestly say I didn't know what to do with them because I have never cooked thighs. The good news, the entire package was only $4.99.

I went looking around the internet and found this recipe. I will admit that the ingredients didn't sound good together, Salsa and peanut butter??...I tried not to think about it. The reviews were positive so I threw caution to the wind and gave it a try.

The result...really good. I will make this again but I would use chicken breast next time just because it's lower in fat.

What you'll need:

6 boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs, I just pulled the skin off
16 oz jar of Cilantro Salsa ~ I only had one choice so I used Garlic Cilantro~the recipe said you could use any of your favorite salsa
1/2 C Peanut Butter ~ I used creamy
1 T Chili Garlic Hot Sauce~Optional but it gave the dish some heat that I liked. You get this by the Asian food at the grocery store
2 t Ginger
2 T Soy Sauce
2 t fresh Lime Juice ~ that was half a lime for me

Put the chicken in the crockpot. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour over the top of chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. I cooked on high for 4. If you used chicken with bones, pull the chicken out of crock and pull away from bones. Break chicken into pieces, toss back into sauce and serve over brown rice. Serves 4
This is what the Chili Garlic Sauce looks like. You'll find it in the grocery aisle by the Asian food.

Dinner is served

No comments: