Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

Clown Cake

If you're scared of clowns, I'll see you on another day. Look away if you're scared of clowns. Ok, I feel better now that you've been warned.

I wasn't going to post this cake because it's a bit of a fright. I made a clown cake for Claire's birthday a few years back and it turned out fine. This one was for my niece Maddy and truthfully, I thought of making something else for her, but I had no time. Thankfully she thought it was fine.

For whatever reason the frosting for the hair just went limp and melted down the side. It was standing up at attention, looking quite cute and came back a little bit later and I found the scary clown sitting on the plate instead. Oh well, guess I have to admit I'm not perfect;)

How you make it:

One cake mix prepared according to directions.

Pour into a sprayed Pampered Chef Batter bowl. Bake at 350 for an hour, I think mine was actually a little over an hour. Make sure you test this one with a skewer to make sure the cake it baked in the middle. Cool for 10 minutes and then flip onto a plate. Cool for several hours and frost with buttercream frosting.




SCARY


She still liked it, bless her heart.

No comments: