Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Diaper Cake

Claire and I are going to a baby shower for my cousin so we decided to make a diaper cake. Super easy and fun.

You'll need:

55-60 diapers
assorted Rubber Bands
12" Cake round ~ purchased at Michael's
Roll of It's a Boy or It's a Girl Ribbon from Michael's
Duct Tape

I counted the day I did this but can't find where I put the paper with that count. SO...here's my best guess at remembering. The bottom layer has about 32 diapers. The second layer had about 17 and the top layer about 10. There is no perfect science, it's what looks right to you.

I had also purchased a cute stuffed animal for the top but when I opened the diapers and realized they had polka dots, well..I tweaked because it didn't match and just made a bow which I actually like best anyway.


Roll up tight.












Secure with rubber band














Start small. Rubber band this many together, add another row on the outside













Keep adding until you almost fill up the cardboard circle. Remember to secure with rubber band.













Put some duct tape on the cake round.













Put some duct tape between each layer.












Isn't it cute??

1 comment:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Cute! Regina got a diaper cake at her shower. :) I've never made one though.