Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Pan Fried Sweet Potatoes

I'm still trying to like sweet potatoes because they are good for you. I have tried a bunch of recipes and while they are tasty, they aren't something that I eat much of or would make again.

This recipe, I enjoyed. This recipe I would make again. This recipe people asked for. And, it would be a nice addition to your Easter dinner.

What you'll need:

3 Large Sweet Potatoes
1 t Cinnamon
1/2 t Nutmeg
1 t Salt
2 T Butter
1/3-1/2 C Brown Sugar

Pierce your sweet potatoes and put on a foil lined pan..sweet potatoes ooze sticky juices so it's easier clean up. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. You want them softened but not soft. Basically when you give them a squeeze they should move just a bit. You can make these the day before if you want.

Cool potatoes and peel. Add 2 T of butter to frying pan. Slice the potatoes into slices and throw them into the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Cook for a couple of minutes. Top with 1/3-1/2 C Brown Sugar and cook for about another 6 minutes. All the flavors melt together and cook onto the slices. Taste and add more salt if you think they are too sweet.

Slice the cooled sweet potatoes
Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and brown sugar. Pan fry for about 8 minutes until the flavors have time to blend
Sorry, I forgot to take a photo when I put them on the table. But I think you get the idea. Enjoy!

No comments: