Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

Taco Blossoms

My son left for a hockey tournament with his Dad. His sister has full run of the house without any complaining as to what she watches, what she wants to eat or who is here to play. She is LOVING it!! Her friend and fellow hockey sister is over tonight and she wanted to have her favorite dinner...Taco Blossoms.

I've never been a fan of packaged taco seasoning, I think it's too salty so I've made up my own that our family likes.

Taco Blossoms
1 lb ground beef (I usually use ground turkey but she asked for beef tonight)
1/2 small onion diced
2 cloves garlic
4 t Chili Powder
2 t Cumin
1 t Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cayenne pepper if you're feeling Sassy
Cheese, Tostito Scoops, Lettuce, Salsa, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Jalapenos, whatever you want on a taco.
Here are your ingredients. Works well with ground turkey too. I actually prefer ground turkey but it's not about me tonight;)
Here are your blossoms. These Scoops are perfect and you'll see why in a minute.
Throw the meat, onions and garlic in a pan, salt and pepper to taste. When the meat is about 1/2 cooked, add your other seasoning. It seems to blend better if you do it now, especially true if you are using the ground turkey. Confession, tonight is the first time I have EVER measured my seasoning;)
When the meat is done, fill the scoops with about a spoonful of meat. Top with cheese and put in the microwave for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
Done! Serve with your favorite taco accessories. Tonight's dinner included Shirley Temples for the girls to celebrate their night away from the rink.

1 comment:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Those are really cute! And they look yummy!