Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Banana Bread Muffins

My niece needed a healthy treat for her floor hockey team so I decided to take my banana bread recipe and make muffins. This is the best banana bread I've tasted, very moist. You can make this recipe in a regular loaf pan, small loaf pans or 12 muffins.

Banana Bread

1 Stick of Butter softened
1 C Sugar
2 Eggs
1 t Vanilla
1 C RIPE bananas (3-4 bananas)
1 1/2 C Flour
1 t Baking Soda
1 t Salt
1/2 C Sour Cream (I use light)
1/2 C chopped pecans or chocolate chips...optional

Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes for a full size loaf, about 20 for mini loafs or about 15 for muffins. The bread should be golden brown. If you are unsure, you can insert a skewer or knife in the middle and it comes out clean, your bread is done.
Here are your ingredients. You might notice that my bananas are almost black. That is because when I have a banana that is ripe, I throw it in the freezer until I get enough to make the bread. Take them out (they look disgusting but taste great in the batter), defrost and they work just as well as "fresh". If you use fresh bananas, make sure they are VERY ripe, you know what I'm talking about, they are starting to get brown, you will need to mash them up a bit before putting them in the batter.
Here is the butter, eggs, vanilla and sugar mixed together. Add you bananas next.
After you add the flour, salt, baking soda and sour cream this is what it looks like.
Spray whatever pan you are using well with cooking spray. I made a double batch, that's why I needed two.
Fill the tins. They each took about 1/3 C of batter. Make sure they are even. Knock the pans on the counter to flatten out batter and get out any air bubbles.
Out of the oven. These could have come out about a minute sooner in my opinion but I wasn't paying attention;)
Get them out of the pan. If you want to dirty a cooling rack, be my guest. I'm not a fan of dishes so I just put them on their sides on my cutting board.

Pass out to your family and friends:)

1 comment:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Banana bread is one of our FAVORITE treats around here!