Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

Spaghetti Pie

So, you have leftovers from the spaghetti night, what are you gonna do?? I typically freeze the sauce for another time but I was invited to a football party and thought I'd bring Spaghetti Pie (got this recipe from my friend Lisa and I changed it just a bit) for my pot luck contribution. You could also make this and freeze for a night you don't have time to cook.

9 oz Spaghetti~cooked and drained
2 T Butter~soft
2 Eggs~beaten
1/2 t Pepper
2/3 C fresh Parmesan Cheese~I used Romano
1 1/2 C Cottage Cheese~I used low fat
Spaghetti Sauce~probably had about 3 cups
2 C Shredded Mozzarella

Add butter, eggs, parmesan, cottage cheese and 1/2 t of pepper to noodles. (I also chopped up about 1 1/2 C of fresh spinach and threw that in too) Spray 13x9 pan with cooking spray and put mixture in pan, pat it down. Top with sauce. Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes if you are making if fresh, about 40 if you are taking it directly from fridge. If you froze it, be sure to defrost first and also 40 minutes to cook. Top with mozzarella cheese and cook another 5-10 minutes. Cool a few minutes, makes it easier to cut. Serve.
Here is your pasta.
The cheese I used.
Pasta mixed with butter, eggs, Parmesan Cheese, Cottage Cheese and Spinach.
Pat it down in the pan.
Top with sauce. If you don't want to make sauce from scratch, you can use a 28 oz jar of your favorite sauce for vegetarian or mix with a lb of meat. You can cover and refrigerate for a couple of days or freeze at this point or throw it in the oven.
You've tested the middle to make sure it's hot and now you are throwing on 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Cook 5 to 10 more minutes until cheese is melted.
DONE!!

No comments: