Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chili

I should call in Chilly because the weather here is frightful. Needed something to warm me up after sitting in a rink. I've decided to let you all have my award winning Chili recipe that I got from my Mom. It's super easy.

1 lb Ground Round or Ground Sirloin~I usually use ground turkey but I'm giving you the award winning recipe and that involves beef.
1/2 green pepper minced
1/3 medium onion diced
1 t chopped garlic~I use the jar stuff most of the time
1 Can Tomato Soup
1 Can diced Tomatoes
1 sm Can Tomato Sauce
2 Cans Spicy Chili Beans~I also use 1 Can rinsed black beans/1 Can Chili or 1 can Kidney/1 can Chili. Totally depends on the beans you like.
1 1/2 soup cans water
2 T and 1 t Chili Powder
Optional~Cayenne pepper to taste, I think I used about a teaspoon.

Brown Meat, green pepper, onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dump in soup, tomatoes, sauce, beans (no need to rinse unless using Black beans), water, chili powder and cayenne. Simmer on low for at least an hour (the longer you simmer, the thicker it gets) and serve. You can also mix it all together and throw in a crock pot and cook on low for about 4-6 hours.

Here's your ingredients.

Slice the green pepper really thin and then mince. You can also use a little food processor if you feel like extra dishes.

It's hard to see the onions because I used a white cutting board but this is how much of each after they are chopped.

Here is your meat that is browned with the green peppers, onion and garlic. Don't forget to season your meat.

Dump in the rest, stir and simmer for at least an 1 hour.

Dinner is served. You can top with sour cream, cheese, jalapenos. Whatever tickles your fancy.

Since my kids don't like Chili, I typically scoop into individual serving bowls and freeze. It's great to grab and bring for lunch.

No comments: