Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Baked Apple Donut Holes

I had a recipe I wanted to try for these donuts and realized that I was short a few ingredients so I improvised and the result was 4 thumbs up from the kids in my house. No leftovers that they would share, so I'm adding this to my new favorites. They are kind of a cross between muffins and cake donuts.

1/3 C Butter soft
1 Egg
1/3 C Milk ~ I used skim
1/2 C Apple Sauce ~ one of those little lunch pack ones if you don't want to measure
1 t Vanilla
1 1/2 C Flour
1 3/4 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt
1/2 t Nutmeg
1 t Cinnamon
1/2 C Sugar

Topping
2 T melted butter
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 T Cinnamon

Mix the wet ingredients together (first 5 in the recipe). Add the dry. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Put about 1 1/2 T of dough into each cup. Bake 11 minutes at 350. Cool a few minutes. Brush tops with melted butter and throw in a bag on cinnamon and sugar. Shake and serve. Makes 36.

Here's your ingredients.
Mix your wet ingredients..Butter, Milk, Vanilla, Apple Sauce and Egg. Don't worry about the butter not completely mixing in, you'll take care of that when you add the dry ingredients.
Throw in the dry..flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar.
Here's the dough, it has a sticky texture.
Spray your tins well with cooking spray.
This is how much dough I put in each cup, about 3/4 full.
After the cups are filled, bang on your counter to get the air bubbles out.
11 minutes in the oven and this is what they look like. Nevermind the missing one, the cook needed to try one to make sure they were cooked thoroughly.
Melt a couple of T butter to brush the tops with.
Melted butter, ready to go.
Brush the tops with melted butter.
Toss in a bag with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Donuts are ready for the taking.

1 comment:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Oh my!!!!! YUM!!!!!!!! I swear my stomach is growling now. lol