Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Baked Chicken and Potatoes

When time is short and I'm feeling particularly lazy this is a dinner that I know my kids will always eat. I've also served it to dinner guests and they are none the wiser that I didn't "plan" anything.

Here's what you'll need for dinner. Package of bone in Chicken Breast, a few potatoes, cooking spray and seasoning. Told you it was easy.
Wash your potatoes, you're leaving the skins on for this recipe. Chop up your potatoes, any shape works, just make sure they are like size in thickness. Not too thick, probably about 1/4 inch.
You need a cookie sheet with an edge so the grease from the chicken doesn't start an oven fire. Spray the pan with some cooking spray. Place your chicken breast on the pan (I cut the breasts in half for easier and quicker cooking time). Sprinkle the potatoes around the chicken and spray the whole pan with cooking spray. I use butter flavored or olive oil spray but any will work. Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning.
I use my trusty Greek Seasoning but Cajun is also good. Or just plain salt and pepper.
Bake for about an hour, skin should be golden brown and crispy at 350 and serve!

No comments: