Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta

I got this recipe from a friend a few years back. It has become a staple in my house. My kids ask for it regularly, as do others when I host get togethers. It's so easy and good that I hate to give out the secret. I'd like people to think I slaved in the kitchen but you are all beginning to know that slaving is not my speciality;)


Here's your ingredients
1 pkg boneless chicken breast
1 pkg Italian Dressing Mix
1 pkg Cream Cheese~I use reduced fat
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup~I use 98% fat free
Put 1/2 cup water in bottom of crock pot. Place chicken in bottom. Sprinkle chicken with Italian Dressing Mix. Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours. I will use frozen if I want to cook for 6.

Here's what it looks like before you cover and ignore.

When the chicken is cooked, shred. Throw in cubed cream cheese and soup. Cover and cook for another hour. If you have kids who will eat vegetables, you can also throw in a bag of frozen broccoli. I don't have that luxury;)

Here's the finished product. If it seems thick, add 1/2 to 3/4 C milk to thin.

Serve over your favorite pasta. The leftover sauce, freezes well.

1 comment:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I always wondered how to make this. I have to try this.