Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

Cranberry White Chocolate Cake

I made a homemade version of this a couple of years ago but last night I made an "almost" homemade version because the homemade version calls for "soft" butter and I didn't have any.  Improvisation, that's the name of this game.

It was pretty yummy and no one at work was the wiser.

What you'll need:

White Cake Mix
1 C Milk
2 Eggs
3/4 C Sour Cream ~ I used light
zest from one orange ~ should have used two
1 heaping C Frozen Cranberries
3/4 C White Choc Chips or finely chopped white chocolate bark

Mix the cake mix, milk, sour cream, eggs and zest at medium speed for about 2 minutes.  Fold in cranberries and white chocolate chips.  Pour into bundt or cake pan and bake for about 25-40 minutes (depends on what type of pan you use) or until toothpick tester comes out clean.

Cool, glaze and serve.


3/4 C White Chocolate Chips~I actually used finely chopped white almond bark but didn't take a photo

Zest of one or two oranges

Spread in the pan and put in 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes.

Glaze is 1-2T of Orange Juice and about 1/2 C Powdered Sugar
 
Ok, not my best photo but it was at work when I remembered to take a photo:)
 

No comments: