Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Berry Cheesecake Cobbler

A friend posted a cobbler recipe that looked REALLY familiar.  It was the recipe I've made for years and posted here a couple of times.  BUT she added cream cheese to the topping!!  Stop the madness!!  The girl is a genious!

Put it this way, it was 10 p.m. after a really tough day, I saw her post on FB and I needed to make it for a couple of reasons.  I had fresh strawberries that had only a day left for freshness so they had to be used.  I needed some comfort food.  Even though it's not my first choice for a dessert, cobbler always reminds me of my Dad and that made me feel better immediately. 

Bonus that this version of cobbler was YuMmY!!

Here's what you'll need:

Cobbler

1/2 C Butter
1 C Milk~I used skim
1 C Sugar
1 C self rising Flour (or 1 C regular Flour and 2 t Baking Powder~ edited to take out salt.  OR  1 C Flour, 1 1/2 t Baking Soda and 1/2 t Salt if you want regular recipe)
1 1/2 C Chopped fresh Strawberries
3/4 C Blueberies
1/2 brick (4 oz) Cream Cheese cut into small pieces

Melt butter in 13x9 cake pan in a 375 oven. Keep an eye on it~about 4 minutes, you just want to melt it. Mix right in the pan the milk, flour (salt and baking powder if not using self rising) and sugar. Mix it up. I think the word is slurry, it's like a pancake batter consistency. Or if you want to dirty another bowl, you can mix everything except butter and pour into pan.

Pile your fruit and cream cheese on top..DO NOT STIR in. Bake for about 40 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.


Cut up your butter and melt while the oven is preheating.
Throw in everything except the fruit.
Here's the slurry you made. I just use a fork to mix it all up, make sure it's not clumpy.


 Ready for the oven. 

It was a hit at work!

No comments: