Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lemon Cake

Claire has been showing a little more interest in baking and that makes me happy.  I was getting worried that she would never learn until my Mom gently reminded me that I didn't spend anytime in the kitchen either unless it was to bake a cookie and I turned out ok;).  So, she asked to make a cake and I did my best to stay out of her way.  Alanna and a few friends from work said it was the best cake they've ever had.  Yes, I'm smiling as I type:)

What you'll need:

White Cake Mix
2 Eggs
3/4 C Lemon Juice
1/4 C powdered Lemonade Mix (You know, add water and you've got lemonade)
1/4 C Skim Milk
3/4 C lite Sour Cream
4 pack of Lemon Pudding
3/4 bag of Powdered Sugar
1 stick softened Butter
1 T Vanilla
1/4 C Lemon Juice
approx 1/4 C Milk

Mix the mixes, eggs, lemon juice, sour cream and milk with your hand mixer for 2 minutes.  Pour into prepared (sprayed and floured) pan, she chose springform pan but any round pan will do.  Bake according to box directions.  Cool for 10 minutes, invert on plate to finish cooling.

You are going to make a layer cake.  Slice cake in half with serated knife.  Gently life cake top and place to the side.  Squeeze all 4 pudding packs into the middle of the cake.  Spread out to within an inch of the outside.  Top with cake you removed. 

Frosting...Beat powdered Sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon juice.  Add milk slowly until you get desired consistency.  Claire wanted to use decorating bag so we made it a little stiffer.

Serve to your friends:)


I took a photo of her putting the pudding in the middle and accidentally deleted.



No comments: