Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Zucchini and Onions

And, you've gotta have the vegetables. When my son saw me chopping up the onion he said, "Mom, you forgot to leave them in rings so you could do the volcano". I love that my son has that much confidence in me but had to remind him that I don't have a full size grill to make that happen at home.

You're gonna need
4 Zucchini sliced into strips
1 large Onion cut into rings and then cut into fourths
1 T Butter
1 t Garlic Powder
Sprinkle of Salt and Pepper

Get the pan hot, throw in your zucchini, let them sear a bit on the edges. Saute those around a minute or so. Add your onions and butter. Throw on your seasoning and stir the vegetables around until they are cooked through. Serve with shrimp sauce of course;)
Wash and cut the ends off of your zucchini.
Cut in half, then cut each half into three strips. Cut strips in half.
Peel and cut your onion in half. Cut into thin pieces.
This is what your onion should look like when you've got it all chopped up.
Get your pan HOT, throw in the zucchini, give it a bit of a saute, browning some of the edges.

SIDEBAR..The photo shows the onion in the pan right away. That was a mistake because the onion cooked faster and I wasn't thinking. So, do what I say and not what I do;)

Throw in the butter and the onions. Saute a couple of minutes and you're done.

No comments: