Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Green Beans

Green beans don't excite me much. I eat them because they are green and I know I should but I tried something a little different this time. Something I don't know why I didn't do before. My nephew said they were the best green beans he has ever eaten?? Super easy, so I thought I'd share.

1 lb fresh green beans
1 T butter
1 t Garlic Powder

Snap the ends off of your green beans. Bring a pot of water to a hard boil. Lots of bubbles going on. Throw your green beans in and cook for only about 3-5 minutes. I like a crunch and this is enough to just heat them through and leave that crunch. Drain. Add 1 t Garlic Powder, 1 T butter, toss and serve. If I had been making them for just "me", I would have added 1-2 T fresh Parmesan and tossed again but my family aren't big cheese people.
Toss them in the boiling water and give them a stir. Watch the bright green POP. Drain, toss with butter and garlic Powder...and some fresh Parmesan if you want to be really crazy.
Put in a pretty bowl and serve.

No comments: