Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pesto Pasta

This is so painfully easy that I hate to post it because I've gotten many compliments over the years. But since I've been sharing all my little secrets on here, guess you get this one too.

Interesting little piece of information too...my son, the non pasta loving kid who doesn't like anything green, liked it...until I added the cheese. Oh well, can't win them all and next time I'll take some out before I add the cheese.

The bonus of this recipe. It tastes good freshly mixed up, it tastes good right out of the fridge and it tastes good at room temperature. That's MY kind of recipe. I hope you like it.

What you will need
Box of Bowtie Pasta
2 Chicken or Vegi Bouillon Cubes
7 oz Container of Refrigerator Pesto Sauce ~ I've used the jar and it wasn't good
4 oz Container of Feta
Container of Grape or Baby Tomatoes
Chopped cooked Chicken ~ Optional

Cook your pasta in water that you've dropped a couple of bouillon cubes in. Drain and toss with Pesto sauce. Add tomatoes, chicken and couple cranks of pepper, toss again. Add cheese and toss once last time. Serve.
Your ingredients
Chop your cooked chicken. This was left over salsa chicken but you can use anything or even rotisserie.
Drain your cooked pasta and mix in pesto sauce.
Add your chicken, tomatoes and a couple cranks of pepper.
Cheese goes in last.
Dinner is served.

2 comments:

K :) said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds delicious. I think I might just have to fix it soon.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

This looks delicious but I just don't like pesto. It's the pine nuts. I just don't like the taste of them.