Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chocolate Fondue

Want to know how to get your kids to eat fruit they normally turn their noses up at? Dip it in some chocolate. In case you were wondering, NO, I'm not above bribery.

We had a rare evening home, I mean home after school and for the ENTIRE evening...ahhhh, I forgot what those felt like. It was especially nice because it's been a long week at work for me and the kids had MCA testing. I decided to do something fun to shrug off the icky and bring on the yum. Chocolate Fondue is one of my favorite desserts and I happened to have just gone to the store so I had lots of stuff for dipping and all the ingredients. It was meant to be I tell you, chocolate fondue here we come.

3/4 C Whipping Cream
2 t Vanilla
1/2 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 C Milk Chocolate Chips

Heat Whipping cream to a soft boil. That means when it starts to bubble, add your chips and 1/2 C at a time. Stir kind of in a zig zag so the chips don't clump up in a ball. Transfer the chocolate to a fondue pot or a small crock. Serve with cubed angel food cake, marshmallows, orange slices, pineapple, strawberries...anything you like dipped in chocolate.
Let's get the party started. Whipping cream and vanilla heating up. Bring to a soft bubbly boil.
Your chips
Liquid gold...um I mean chocolate.
MMMMM, can you taste it!! Pure heaven. The week just got so much better.

3 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

YUM! My favorite is marshmallows dipped in chocolate. hehe

Unknown said...

Oh, no no. No milk chocolate! :)

Christol said...

I'm with you Barbara but my kids don't like dark chocolate.