Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Shrimp Sauce

I love having people over for dinner because I get to cook things that "I" like to eat. I get to make things a little fancier, a little spicier or I just get to make stuff that adults like to eat. Since I'm not much of a left over person, although I'm getting better..having dinner guests is the best thing ever because I can try new recipes and won't be eating it for a week after.

So, that brings me to the next 5 posts...If you've ever eaten at Benihana, I'm sure you've left there with some empty pockets and wishing you could make some of it at home. Well, I made my attempt the other night and the kids and my guests enjoyed it. My son who has NEVER in his life eaten a leftover, ate the leftover Teriyaki beef and rice with shrimp sauce.

The shrimp sauce, in our opinion, makes the meal. So, I've been looking for the recipe for years. Tried a few and they were ok but not spot on. This recipe is as close as I've found when I took out the extra salt. My kids were THRILLED. So, I'll start with my favorite and then post each part of the meal separately.

2 C Mayonnaise
1/2 C Water
2 t Sugar
1 T garlic juice ~ found by the spices
3/4 t Ketchup
1 t ground Ginger
1 t Hot Sauce
1 t dry Mustard
1 t Paprika
3/4 t White Pepper

Whisk together and chill.
Sorry, the photo is dark because when I took it with a flash, it was too white..can't win. It's a very light salmon color.
Here is a photo of all the meats and vegetables done and ready to serve. Follow the posts below to learn how to make this fun dinner or just pick and choose the ones you want to try, it's all good. AND, did I mention that all of the prep work can be done hours before so all you need to do is cook it up when you're ready. You'll need a few pans but if you have to or you can rinse and go. Start with the rice, when it's done, cover and move to the steak and chicken. You can cook those at the same time, I have faith, start your vegetables. Now, go to the shrimp. Take a deep breath and enjoy your dinner.

No comments: