Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

Chili

I started counting my points again on Weight Watchers.  This time I WILL finish what I started.  Could have something to do with having to get into a formal dress the end of March?  Could be I'm just tired of living in this body?  Could be that I'm thinking about my health a little more?  I know that it works because I lost 30 lbs 7 years ago.  I just need to COUNT.  I have never thought of myself as an instant gratification person but when it comes to "dieting", I am.  I know that WW is a lifestyle.  It's a fairly easy one to maintain but you have to pay attention.  I stopped paying attention.

So, I bought the app for my phone, that is helping.  I also took measurements so if the pounds take longer to come off, hopefully I'll see inches changing.  Truthfully, I don't care what the scale says.  I just want to feel good in my body again.

At any rate, I am most hungry at lunch.  I have found that if I eat a Weight Watcher frozen meal I am hungry pretty quickly after.  If I eat them for dinner I'm fine.  Weird?  Maybe.  But, I needed something good to eat that wasn't a ton of points for lunch so I made my chili and froze in the freezer so I can grab and go.  AND, because I freeze it I don't have to eat the same thing for an entire week.

I also figured out the Weight Watcher points. I divided this into 7 bowls and it was 7 per serving.  Pretty nice!!

1 lb 93% lean hamburger~I usually use ground turkey but the points are the same for either.
1/2 green pepper minced
1/3 medium onion diced
1 t chopped garlic~I use the jar stuff most of the time
1 Can Tomato Soup
1 Can diced Tomatoes~I use Petite diced
1 sm Can Tomato Sauce
2 Cans Spicy Chili Beans
1 soup can water
3 T Chili Powder
Optional~Cayenne pepper to taste, I think I used about a teaspoon.

Brown Meat, green pepper, onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Throw in the crockpot and dump in soup, tomatoes, sauce, beans, water, chili powder and cayenne. Crock on low for 4-6 hours and serve.

Here's your ingredients.

Slice the green pepper really thin and then mince. You can also use a little food processor if you feel like extra dishes.

It's hard to see the onions because I used a white cutting board but this is how much of each after they are chopped.

Here is your meat that is browned with the green peppers, onion and garlic. Don't forget to season your meat. Throw in your crockpot, dump in the rest, stir and crock for at least 4 hours.

Lunch is served. You can top with sour cream, cheese, jalapenos. Whatever tickles your fancy, just remember to add your points if you're doing WW.

No comments: