Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Max!

BLINK!

That's right BLINK...for those of you that have older children you know exactly what I'm talking about. You blink and your baby has grown into someone you don't recognize.

I swear it was only a short time ago that I was chasing him around the house to get something that he shouldn't have, his excited giggle ringing through the house.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I had to spritz my magic Mommy dust so he could walk on the hot lava and not be trapped in a room?

And, wasn't it only a moment ago that he was 9 months old and climbing out of his crib like a monkey?

Today my baby is another year older. Since his last birthday, he is 6 inches taller, a few pounds heavier and has a voice I don't recognize.

He is a planner and likes to know how his day/week/month is going to play out. So it should be no surprise to me that his recent conversations with me have been about high school and college.

But when he says things in regard to either, I have to stop myself from saying, "that's years from now, you don't need to worry about that". It's not years from now, high school is NEXT year. BLINK and I'll be moving him into his college dorm room!

I know I have to stop obsessing about how fast time is going and just enjoy the here and now...or maybe I should start advocating for colleges to offer family dorms so I can go with??

I also realized when I looked for a photo of him, that I need to start taking more photos of just Max. But this face..this face is the one that I see the most. He's cracking a joke or being sarcastic. Yep, that's my boy.

But, then I looked up and saw this photo from his 100th day of Kindergarten. This is the age that my mind is stuck on:(
Happy Birthday MAX!

No comments: