Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Creamy Italian Chicken

We eat this at least twice per month. It's easy and the kids LOVE it. I love that dinner is basically ready when I walk in the door from work. OR you can make it the day before and just heat it up.

The reason we have it twice per month is because the left overs go into the freezer and I just unthaw, make some fresh pasta and dinner is on the table in the time it takes to cook pasta.


Here's your ingredients
1 pkg boneless chicken breast
1 pkg Italian Dressing Mix
1 pkg Cream Cheese~I use reduced fat
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup~I use 98% fat free
Put 1/2 cup water in bottom of crock pot. Place chicken in bottom. Sprinkle chicken with Italian Dressing Mix. Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours. I will use frozen if I want to cook for 6.

Here's what it looks like before you cover and ignore.

When the chicken is cooked, shred. Throw in cubed cream cheese and soup. Cover and cook for another hour. If you have kids who will eat vegetables, you can also throw in a bag of frozen broccoli. I don't have that luxury;)

Here's the finished product. If it seems thick, add 1/2-3/4 C milk to thin.

Serve over your favorite pasta. The leftover sauce, freezes well.

No comments: