Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Spam Throne

My ex husband is from the SPAM Capital...Austin, MN. He used to say that SPAM stood for "Super People Austin Minnesota". Yes, he's a dork.

My kids Bumpa (Grandpa) worked at Hormel Corporate offices for over 30 years and now volunteers at the Spam Museum. The kids also have a few other relatives employed by Hormel.

I can also admit that although I went down kicking and screaming, if I slice Spam really thin and pan fry..I actually like it. Tastes very similar to bacon and we have it about once a month with our pancakes. For those of you who haven't looked at a can of SPAM since you were a kid..they got rid of that nasty film AND it comes it lots of flavors now.

Anyway, it seems only fitting that I post this photo from the State Fair.

No comments: