Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pancakes

It is what's for dinner around our house about twice a month. If I'm feeling sassy, they might get some fried Spam or bacon but most the time, it's just pancakes. A carb friendly dinner for my active kids.

The left overs go into a ziploc and the kids reheat for breakfast. Put pancakes on a plate, cover with a paper towel and zap for about 30 seconds.

ALSO..this is my favorite recipe but if we're busy...the recipe on the side of the Bisquick box makes decent pancakes. I've included my favorite recipe because it shows you when to flip a pancake so you don't have mushy ones.

1 1/2 C Milk ~ I've used Buttermilk and that's good too
3 T Butter
1 Egg
3 t Vanilla

1 1/2 C Flour
1/4 C Sugar
4 t Baking Powder
1 t Salt

Melt butter with milk in microwave for about 1 minute until butter is melted. Add Vanilla and Egg. Whisk to combine.

Add dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Heat your griddle to 325 or on the stove a med-high heat. Drop batter by 1/4 C onto griddle. Cook a minute or two until batter starts to bubble. Flip and cook another minute. Serve with butter and syrup.

People flip too soon. See the bubbles that are starting to pop? That's how you know it's time to flip.

I also make bite size ones for the kids. Started doing it when they were little so I wouldn't have to cut them and now Claire requests them this way.

Nice and golden brown, just flip and let the other side cook.

Breakfast is served

No comments: