Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Congratulations Kayla

One of my best memories from school was making the danceline the end of 8th grade. The chanting of my name coming down the street in the middle of the night..I can still feel the excitement.

The entire danceline in my bedroom, taking me out into the night to celebrate with them and the new recruits. Doing kicks across Lake Street and wearing my banner to school the next day. It was so much fun.

I have life long friends from my years dancing and it really shaped my high school experience.

Alanna's daughter just tried out for the danceline at the high school she'll be attending next year. They do things different now. They post it on line, so I wanted to do something to help make her day special so I made her a cake in her new school colors, Blue and Gold. The STAR is because she is the newest Starliner!!

I made my Skor Cake, dyed the cake navy blue and used my favorite frosting instead of the whipped cream one. A star shaped cookie cutter helped with the design and edible blue glitter finished it off.

Cut the cake in half with a serrated knife. Put frosting in the middle.

Top with Heath candy pieces

Finished

Congratulations Kayla! I'm so proud of you!!

No comments: