Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Skor Cake

July is a BIG birthday month in our family. We have one on the 1st, 3rd, 6th, 21st, 25th and 26th. Each birthday, adult and kids gets their own cake and party. I never have to wonder what my nephew Dylan is going to pick for his cake because since he has been able to talk, he asks for Skor Cake.

Skor candy bars are the same as Heath candy bars and Heath are easier to find and you can even get them pre-chopped by the chocolate chips.

So, here's how you make it.

1 yellow cake mix with NO pudding in the mix~Duncan Hines is what I use
1 Large Instant Chocolate pudding
2 Cups Water
2 Eggs

Put all of this in a bowl and mix it up with your electric mixer until it is thick and well blended. Pour into prepared pan, in this case, I used a 13x9. Cook cake for about 25 minutes at 350 or until tester comes out clean. Cool cake.

Frosting
1/4 C softened Butter
1 C Powdered Sugar
2 T Water
1 container Cool Whip defrosted

3/4 Bag chopped Heath bar or 4 Candy Bars chopped

Mix Butter, Powdered Sugar and water. Fold in Cool Whip and frost the cake. Sprinkle chopped Skor or Heath all over the cake. Chill for about an hour and serve. If you need to put the cake in the fridge for longer, that's ok..just add the candy before serving. The candy can get kind of funky if it's in the fridge too long.

Traditional Skor Cake

No Skor Cupcakes

I like how moist the Skor cake is so I tried it with Vanilla pudding instead of Chocolate and made them in cupcake tins. I topped with mixed fresh berries (1 container each of strawberries chopped, blueberries and raspberries mixed with 2-3 T Sugar. Let sit in the fridge for about an hour to make it's own juice)and Whipped Cream. Guess what, everyone LOVED it!

1 comment:

CRiCH said...

Hey! I really enjoyed your blog. I see that you also like to travel! I just started a travel and destination blog and I was wondering if you could look and give me feedback?

crichtravels.blogspot.com

If you like it, follow me!

The world is a book and those who do not travel only read a page
xoxo CRiCH