Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Caramel Crispix

My friend Shannon brings this to every girls weekend and it's safe to say I eat about half the bowl. It's completely addicting and that's why I haven't made it myself until now. Her recipe is a bit different but this worked for me.

My "plan" was to bring it to the hockey tournament we were going to but when it cooled and my kids tasted it...well, let's just say they share their Mom's addiction and the rest was bagged up in snack size bags for school lunches and a special treat for the teacher.

What you'll need:

14 oz box of Crispix cereal ~ I used store brand
12 oz peanuts ~ I used honey roasted
2 sticks Butter
2 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Corn Syrup

Put your brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a roaster. I used both burners to help the process along.
Simmer for about a minute and add cereal and peanuts. Put in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes
Take it out and give it a stir and back in the oven for another 8 minutes
Put some wax paper on your counter, give it a light spray of cooking spray so nothing sticks. Pour mixture out onto wax paper, making a single layer so it dries without sticking in a big clump. Let it cool for about 1/2 hour and put in sealed bowl to keep fresh.