Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Potato Soup

I think it's been awhile since I posted a crock pot soup recipe. I kind of forgot about this one and I needed something to get the chill out of my bones. It's easy and yummy so give it a try.

What you'll need:
7 medium Potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
1 medium Onion chopped
1 large Carrot peeled and diced (or handful of baby carrots)
2 stalks celery chopped
4 C Water
4 Chicken Bouillon cubes
1 T Parley Flakes
1/2 t Pepper
1 1/4 t Salt
1 T Garlic Powder
1 can Evaporated Milk

Put all the ingredients except milk into your crock pot and cook on low 10-12 hours or high for about 4. Mash potatoes a little bit with a fork or hand masher. Add milk, heat through and serve.

I never do this but you could top with chopped chives, cheese or bacon for a nice touch.

Here is how I chop the potatoes. 6 of them I chop into chunks and 1 of them I slice into bite size pieces. I like how the different sizes give texture to potato soup.
Potato soup doesn't photograph well or should I say, "I" don't photograph it well. But here's the finished product.

No comments: