Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Lemon Bars

If you live in Minnesota, you are feeling my pain. Holidays are over, the weather is BRUTAL, the month is LONG, spring isn't for a few months and my flip flops..yeah I'm not seeing those anytime soon.

So, I decided to bring a little summer INSIDE and make Lemon Bars. I love Lemon Bars. It was a bonus that I had some raspberries and blueberries in the freezer but if you don't they are just as good without. I'm also trying to be good about my diet so I only made 1/2 the recipe and shared them with Alanna (they are her favorite too and I shouldn't sabotage only my diet) because I will eat the entire pan if given the chance. The recipe that I'm posting is for a 13x9 pan.

Crust
1 1/2 C Flour
1/2 C Powdered Sugar
3/4 C Cold Butter

Mix together and press into 13x9 pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

4 Eggs
1 1/2 C Sugar
3 T Flour
1 t Baking Powder
1/2 C Lemon Juice
Berries ~ Optional

Whisk together and pour on top of crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.

Chop up your cold butter, it's easier to work with if you chop it up into pieces. You could use a pastry mixer but you know my style, less gadgets the better. So, mix your flour and powder sugar together and use two forks to mash the butter and flour mixture together.
You're going to mix the flour and powdered sugar in until it's crumbly and there are no chunks of butter. Pat this down and put in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remember we're pretending this is a 13x9 pan;)
This is your crust out of the oven, I could have probably baked this for another minute or two but I was in a hurry
Pour the filling on top, place your berries on top if you choose and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden around the edges and set in the middle.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and have a little taste of summer!

No comments: